Tuesday, August 28, 2012

My laundry solution

Because of Olivia's eczema I have always been searching for a gentle laundry detergent that doesn't aggravate her skin. I never did find it. I did find a recipe for laundry soap that in my opinion has been the best for her skin and allergies.

Laundry Soap:

1 bar Castile soap
1 cup Borax
1 cup Washing Soda

I first grate the soap with a cheese grater than mix everything in the food processor. I use about 2 tablespoons per load. Some people add essential oils to the soap to give it a pretty smell, I don't.

If I'm washing kids clothes or otherwise extra dirty clothes I add 2 tablespoons of Oxygen Bleach directly in with the clothes. It's the same stuff as Oxy Clean without the yucky smell.

Next, I use vinegar instead of the laundry softener at the store. It's super cheap and does just as good of a job.

I've been using this method for a few months now and I think it works great!

Anyone want to share additional laundry or cleaning tips?

No comments: