Monday, August 27, 2012

Different than I expected

      I was excited for Alaina to go to school.  I didn't realize how hard it would be for both Corinne and I.  When Olivia started kindergarden it was a little emotional, but mostly it was a positive experience.  Her teacher was lovely, she made friends, and she loved riding the bus with the neighbor kids.  I still had two little ones at home to take care of so there just wasn't much time to miss her.

     With Alaina it's different.  First thing, she is only three and second, she can't talk well yet so I can't hear about her day.  Everyone there seemed super nice and I don't doubt that Alaina had a fairly good day.  I would just like to know what's going on in that little head of hers when she has to take a nap for the first time in her life away from her bed and Mom.  I hope as time goes on I don't feel so sad about all this.  It doesn't help that Corinne is constantly reminding me that Alaina is gone and she misses Alaina :-(

1 comment:

Becca said...

How is school going? I hope it's working out well! She looks so adorable with her backpack, all set and ready to go. :-) We sent Sammi to school shortly after her 2nd birthday. It was hard for us, but honestly, the experience was unrivaled - she learned SO much!!