Monday, July 11, 2011

Olivia's 1st Day of Kindergarten

Right now Olivia is enjoying her 1st day of kindergarten. Yes, she is going to year round school. There are multiple tracks of times the kids are in, but most year round kids start in July. Olivia only goes today with a few others kids and then won't go again until next week. She has been super excited about it. I know she's going to do great!



Greeting her teacher, Mrs. Mackey. She seems really nice. Some girls who live down the street said that she was their kindergarten teacher and they really liked her. It makes me feel better to know she has a great teacher.





Finding her cubby hole:






and off to play with new friends...




and no I didn't even cry ;) Although they are having a "Tea and Tissues" gathering next week for kindergarten parents. Maybe I will let it out then. For now I'm feeling optimistic that this will be a great year for my big girl!







5 comments:

Kim said...

How exciting! Hope she has a great day!

Granny said...

Gwen--you are the real "big girl". No tears? How brave. Olivia looks so grown up. Give her a big, scholarly hug form both of us. Love, Carrol

Yuki said...

I didn't cry the first 3 days Alei went and neither did she, but the next few days after that the teacher was pulling me one way out the door and another had Alei. Hope you stay strong. Chandler and Hannah never cried and it got eaiser for me both times. The all three love school now.

Linda said...

Olivia is a great friend maker.

Susana la Banana said...

Congratulations! Still can't believe it that our babies are so old, but that's life. =) Looks like she's doing awesome!