Saturday, May 1, 2010

Strawberry Pickin'

We all went strawberry picking at a local farm here today. I haven't been since I was a little kid so it was really neat to take my own. I have fond memories of eating the berries and taking your time picking out ones for your bucket. It's funny because Brian seems to remember it differently. He remembers dirt, hot sun, and hard work. I guess he probably picked a lot more berries than I ever did =) Alaina also took it easy riding on daddy's back while she took a snooze.

So now what to do with all the berries? I made strawberry pie because it is one of my favorites.


Of course Ms. Olivia helped by layering the strawberries in the pie and stirring the glaze while it thickened.



The final result:


Yum, it was good! I love warm weather and strawberries.



1 comment:

Granny said...

What fun and what a beautiful pie. I think my strawberry pickin' memories are similar to Brian's. I got the worst sunburn of my 12-year old life while picking berries. But, I agree, nothing beats the pies or the preserves or the big, sweet berries after they have been in the sun all day.